Sunday 25 May 2008

Making Money

The photography industry is extremely competitive and with more and more talented photographers graduating from university, with each year it becomes harder to become a successful artist. Because of this I have researched into other ways of making money from photography.
Post cards, birthday cards, posters and calendars are all big commercial industries that all use photos in their products. This is something I would like to research into more, I would like to try and contact someone who might be able to buy some of my work, however, due to being busy with this years academic work I have been unable to obtain contact with anyone or any company regarding this. This is one of my goals for during my summer break or failing that, next academic year.

Product photography is also maybe a less glamorous side of the industry but that still has the possibility of making lots of money. Each item on a supermarket shelf has a graphic or photograph on it depicting the product in question, as more and more products are being developed and released everyday, this seems to be an area of photography that will not be exhausted – and one where money will always be made.

No comments: